I love having smoothies for breakfast but the absolutely freezing Sydney weather just calls for something a bit more warming and nourishing, which is why I love making this healthy baked breakfast slice.
Oats are full of fibre for healthy digestion, plus it keeps you fuller for longer. The addition of smashed banana and blueberries gives a delicious and naturally sweet taste. Bake the night before and store in the fridge – it won’t last long though!
1/3 cup nut butter (I love almond or peanut butter)
2 cups oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup blueberries
1 pinch cinnamon
2 tbsp raw honey
1 smashed banana
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix nut butter, oats, vanilla, coconut oil, blueberries and cinnamon using your hands until the ingredients are well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with the egg and honey until well combined.
4. Add the egg mixture to the oat mixture and mix until a soft batter is formed.
5. Place on a shallow baking tray lined with baking paper.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy.