My Dad absolutely loves the combination of chocolate with nuts. So a few of his favourite indulgences are the classic banana spit, Hershey’s chocolate with hazelnuts, and a Filipino childhood treat, Choc Nut.
So this Father’s Day I wanted to recreate his fave combo in a raw cake… The result was this crunchy peanut-buttery choc banana cheesecake! Like all the raw cakes I like to blog about, this one is vegan, wheat-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free, but still tastes as decadent and delicious as a traditional banana split which usually has loads of store bought ice-cream and melted chocolate on top!
This recipe isn’t really sweet, so if you want a bit of sweetness, serve with a drizzle of raw honey and some sliced banana.
Makes: 1 cake
Prep time: 20 minutes + freeze time
1 ½ cups Brazil nuts, crushed finely
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 Lady Finger banana
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
4 Lady Finger bananas, frozen
2 tablespoons cacao
½ pinch sea salt
¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
½ cup water
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey, optional
- Blend all the base ingredients together until it forms a thick paste. Add a bit more peanut butter if the mixture is too dry.
- Line a spring form cake tin with baking paper then press the base mixture firmly.
- Place into the freezer until set.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together until it’s thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the base from freezer and smooth.
- Place in freezer or fridge until set.