WARNING: This is one seriously addictive dessert. Avoid eating it while trying to making it
This raw cake is a one-bowl wonder. I love that the crunchy base is mostly made from walnuts, which are a rich source of vitamin E that enhances the immune system, protects cell membranes, and helps make red blood cells. Walnuts are also high in brain-boosting and cholesterol-lowering omega-3 and provide good amounts of protein.
The filling is incredibly easy, creamy and literally takes only 5 minutes to make! It’s a great contrast to the crunchy base and is full of healthy fats that come from avocados and coconut.
Makes: 1 medium tart
Prep time: 20 minutes + freeze time
1 1/2 cup crushed walnuts or almonds
8 medjool dates, softened in warm water for 5 minutes
1 pinch sea salt
2 tablespoon nut butter
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
6 medjool dates or 1/4 cup honey
1 cup coconut cream
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Blend the base ingredients together into a food processor or high-quality blender (I use Vitamix) until it forms a thick paste. Add a bit of water if the mixture is too dry.
2. Line a tart tray with baking paper then press the base into the tray.
3. Place into the freezer until set.
4. Blend all the filling ingredients together until it’s thick and creamy.
6. Place the mixture into the base from freezer and smooth.
7. Place in freezer or fridge until set.
P.S. If you love chocolate as much as me, you might like to try my Raw Chocolate Velvet Smoothie!