WARNING: This is one seriously addictive dessert. Avoid eating it while trying to making it!
As with all the raw (no-bake) or healthy treats featured on this blog, it’s refined sugar-free, dairy-free and wheat-free.
The crunchy base is mostly made from walnuts, which are a rich source of vitamin E that enhances the immune system, protects cell membranes, and helps make red blood cells. Walnuts are also high in brain-boosting and cholesterol-lowering omega-3 and provide good amounts of protein.
The filling is incredibly easy and literally takes only 5 minutes to make. Serve it immediately after you’ve taken it out of the freezer as the mousse melts into the base if you leave it out for too long. Hope you love it as much as I do!
Makes: 1 medium tart
Prep time: 20 minutes + freeze time
1 1/2 cup crushed walnuts or almonds
8 medjool dates
1 pinch sea salt
2 tbsp nut butter
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
6 medjool dates or 1/4 cup honey
1 cup coconut cream
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1. Soak the dates for the base in warm water for five minutes until softened. Drain well.
2. Using a hand-held mixer, mix all the base ingredients together until it forms a thick paste. Add a bit of water if the mixture is too dry.
2. Line a tart tray with baking paper then press the base into the tray.
3. Place into the freezer until set.
4. Soak the dates for the filling in warm water and set aside for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain well.
5. Blend all the filling ingredients together until it’s thick and creamy.
6. Place the mixture into the base from freezer and smooth.
7. Place in freezer or fridge until set.