How epic does this salmon dish look? It can easily become a weekly go-to meal because it takes literally less than 20 minutes to make. Also, it’s amazingly refreshing because of the herbs and salmon is a superfood; packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12). Best thing, it’s just absolutely yummy 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Salmon steak, roughly 200 g
1 tbsp coconut oil
For cucumber relish:
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce (wheat-free) or tamari
1 tsp raw honey
1 handful of freshly chopped mint
1 handful of freshly chopped coriander
1 tsp fresh chopped red chilli
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 large cucumbers (use a veggie peeler for lovely thin ribbon slices)
1. In a bowl, whisk together relish ingredients except the cucumber ribbons.
2. Add the cucumber, stir well, and allow to stand for a few minutes.
3. Heat up a wide flat pan with coconut oil.
4. Pan-fry the salmon for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
5. Once the fish is cooked, serve on a plate with the relish generously spooned over the top!