The inspiring health and wellness business coach Ally from Relauncher has kindly let me share this incredibly easy and exotic pancake recipe that she enjoyed at the bucket-list worthy Balinese retreat, Sharing Bali.
Being a huge lover of breakfast, bananas and healthy food in general, I couldn’t help but try these out and share the love with you all. They’re also a great wheat, dairy and sugar-free way to start your day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1 egg, lightly beaten
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup nut milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
Pinch of cinnamon
1-2 drops vanilla essence
2 tablespoon rice flour (I used oats)
Grated coconut and palm sugar for garnish
Pinch of salt
Coconut oil and salt for cooking
1. Mix together the egg, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a dish.
2. Gradually add milk until a smooth, pouring consistency is achieved.
3. Fold in flour. Add more milk if necessary (thin is better).
4. Peel banana and cut in half lengthwise. Place in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until slightly soft. Remove from water and set aside.
5. Melt a touch of coconut oil in the pan. Pour a thin layer of pancake mixture and cook as you usually would a pancake.
6. Just before the pancake is ready, place the banana in the centre of the pancake and wrap the edges over. Cook for a further 30 seconds.
7. Place on a plate with and garnish with grated coconut and palm sugar. Serve with a piece of lime.