Pears are quite easy to overlook. They’re not exactly the sweetest or the most juiciest fruit to eat, nor are they the first thing you’ll want to grab when a craving strikes. But when you bake them, these humble things turn into the most incredible winter warming delights.
Pears are full of fibre and vitamin C and when combined with these spices, nuts and honey, they make a sweet and crunchy wholesome snack, dessert or brekky (just add some homemade muesli and almond milk to make it a satisfying morning meal).
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
2 pears, cored and cut into quarters
2 tbsp coconut oil
Ground cinnamon powder, as desired
Nutmeg, as desired
Honey and crushed raw mixed nuts to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Coat all the slices of pears with coconut oil.
3. Place pears in enough foil to wrap all the pieces together.
4. Sprinkle as much cinnamon and nutmeg onto the pears as desired.
5. Wrap the pears in the foil and place in the oven for 30 mins to 180C. Leave for a further 15 mins if you want them super tender and caramelised.
6. Serve immediately with a drizzle of honey and crushed raw nuts.