Making mum pancakes for Mother’s Day is about as original as making chocolate cake for a birthday, but what makes these special is that they’re decadent and delicious while being healthy at the same time. Definitely no butter, no milk and no flour was used in this recipe!
These pancakes are just a simplified version of my Sweet Cacao Protein Pancakes, so they’re free of wheat, dairy and refined sugar. What’s more, they take only 10 minutes to make and you can stack them up with all sorts of things – think strawberries, blueberries, maple syrup, peanut butter… the list could go on. Hope you enjoy this breakfast treat!
Makes 5 – 6 small pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 mintues
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp oats
1 tbsp of honey, chopped bananas and a dash of cinnamon sugar to serve.
1. Mix all pancake ingredients in a blender.
2. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan until hot.
3. Slowly pour the mixture in the centre of the pan until you’re happy with the size of the pancake. Avoid pouring the mixture too quickly as it will not set evenly and you might end up with scrambled eggs instead!
4. After a minute or so (just check when the underside has browned) flip it over and cook on the other side.
5. Repeat the same process with the rest of the pancake mixture.
4. Serve with chopped bananas in between each pancake to make a stack. Drizzle honey and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top!