I came across Frank’s coffee body scrub in my bag of goodies from Lola Berry’s book launch event and am absolutely in love with it. I also kinda get excited with new and natural beauty buys because aside from writing about health, I love reviewing the odd beauty product or two!
What’s more, I’m not even a coffee lover (in fact, I’ve only ever had one sip in my life), but I’ve instantly fallen for the smell, texture and the feel of my skin after using this luscious product.
As someone who swears by dry body brushing almost every morning, it’s great to find an alternative method that does the same job – plus has the added benefits of all-natural and nourishing ingredients. The packaging is pretty cute, too.
So what’s to love?
– The edible-like ingredients list: Coffee, sweet almond oil, water, salt, brown sugar, orange oil and vitamin E.
– Soft, buttery, silky skin afterwards: The granules from the coffee and brown sugar mixed with the oils instantly feel like it’s removing all the dead skin cells while moisturising my skin at the same time. Just massage the scrub into circular motions, leave it on for at least 5 minutes and then rinse off as you shower.
– Not exactly related to the product, but Frank’s Instagram account has a lot of aspirational body images set against beautiful tropical destinations that appeal to my desire for island living (take a look and you’ll see what I mean).
A few things to watch out for:
– Messiness: Be sure to put the amount you need (on your body glove or hand) in the shower, not out of it. The stuff falls out of the packet quite easily.
– Promises: The package says the coffee beans target cellulite, stretch marks, psoriasis, varicose veins and other skin conditions. Er, really?! Unless you’re going to use this product constantly alongside a clean diet and consistent exercise, I doubt you’ll be curing yourself from these things from a few scrubs in the shower.
– Oiliness: Because of the rich amount of oil in this product, make sure you wash your skin thoroughly so it doesn’t leave a filmy residue on your skin when you come out of the shower.
Overall though, I’m impressed that this understated brown bag contains a powerful punch of natural ingredients that slough off dead skin cells to reveal baby bottom skin, instantly.
PS. If you love a bit of pampering and enjoyed reading this post, you might like to see what I got up to at Peninsula Hot Springs in Melbourne!